- Must have 10+ years of hands-on Unix/Linux experience that includes specific technical experience with Ubuntu, CentOS / Red Hat systems administration support for large scale distributed environments
- Strong coding and scripting knowldge of shell, bash, ansible, powershell in CLI based environment
- Must have 5+ years of Cloud experience in at least two of the following providers Amazon AWS, Google GCP and Microsoft Azure
- Must have cloud migration experience from on-premise datacenter to cloud platforms that includes assessments, cloud buildouts, optimization, support
- Must have 5+ years of experience working as part of the Developer or DevOps or systems reliability engineering functions
- Must have 5+ years with CI/CD and automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, GitHub, GitLab, Maven
- Must have strong experience in docker and Kubernetes orchestration and dependent technology stack
- Must be willing to learn new technologies, adopt and adapt to emerging technologies or needs from a project to a project
- Prior experience in BioInformatics or comoputations or scientific applciation development is preferred
- Must have strong knowledge of SQL and/or NoSQL databases, object storage, web servers, open source programming stack for Node.JS, R, Python, Java is desired but not mandatory
- Fundamental knowledge of data engineering technology stack or platforms including but not limited to R, Hadoop, Distributed Computing or similar big data applications/platforms is desired but not mandatory
- Cloud certifications is preferred but optional
- CCNA or CCNP or similar certifications is preferred but optional
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Bioinformatics / Computational Biology / Computer Science / Statistics or closely related field.
- Sound judgment, positive attitude, and creative outlook required.
- NIH experience preferred.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 10 Paid Federal holidays
- Various wellness programs
- Employee Referral Bonus Program (ERBP)
- Vision coverage through Cigna national network
- Dental coverage through Cigna national network
- 401(K) with significant company match & no vesting period
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage (paid by company)
- Competitive salaries with opportunity for performance bonuses
- Discount plan for pet care, legal services, & identify theft protection
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage (paid by company; option to purchase additional coverage)
- Medical coverage through UHC national network (option to choose between 3 available plans)
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact:
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.