Axle Informatics is a bioscience and information technology company that offers advancements in translational research, biomedical informatics, and data science applications to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in biomedical science, software engineering, and program management, we focus on developing and applying research tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate research discoveries. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Axle is seeking a highly ambitious, adaptable, structured, and detail-oriented Senior Scientist to join our vibrant team at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Vaccine Research Center (VRC), Vaccine Production Program (VPP), Gaithersburg, MD.
- Conduct and participate in projects that are complex and scientifically demanding within a specific area/field.
- Initiate, implement, plan, direct, and execute scientific research and development.
- Make detailed observations, analyze data, and interpret results. Demonstrate scientific rigor in assessing own data and that of others.
- Responsible for contributing to team for meeting project goals within time and budget constraints.
- Manage the projects of other scientists or associates.
- Independently plan, design, and execute complex projects within a specific scientific field utilizing good scientific judgment by conducting more than one project at a time.
- Develop research findings and make recommendations.
- Effectively present results at internal meetings and external scientific meetings.
- Make recommendations on outside technologies for company to pursue.
- Plan, design, and execute projects within a specific scientific field through critical participation in functional unit or project team.
- Conduct, plan, and lead one or more highly complex scientific project, including determining objectives and organizing activities.
- Work independently within project teams to design, develop and optimize analytical assays and provide assay support for clinical trial candidates.
- Lead method development and project support, as well as being involved in project presentations and cutting-edge scientific investigations.
- Lead the design and execution of experiments required for the development of analytical assays required for development and clinical manufacturing.
Experience Required / Requirements
- PhD in biochemist or an immunologist or related discipline.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant years of experience and capabilities.
- Thorough understanding of protein and process analysis with experience in quantitative and qualitative protein analysis for assay development is required.
- Knowledge of the requirements and experience developing, qualifying and/or validating assays for cGMP products and managing method transfers between laboratories is highly desirable.
- Prior supervisory experience is required and experience with interdisciplinary teams and matrix management environments is desired. This position involves managing the projects of a team with around 10 contractors.
- 100% Medical, Dental & Vision premium coverage for Employees
- Paid Time Off (Including Holidays)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- 401K Match
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment-based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact:
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.