Axle Informatics is a bioinformatics and information technology company that offers innovative computer services, informatics, and enterprise solutions to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in software engineering, bioinformatics and program management, we focus on developing and applying technology tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate the discovery in translational research. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple agencies at the US Department of Health and Human Services.
Axle is seeking a highly ambitious, adaptable, structured, and detail oriented Security Engineer to join our vibrant team at Tysons Corner, VA.
- Responsible for maintaining & enhancing information security management program(s) to ensure integrity, confidentiality, and availability of information.
- Provide guidance and best practice recommendations for IT security policies, procedures, and standards that meet regulatory requirements.
- Assess and recommend process improvements to ensure all operational and application system changes undergo security impact assessment.
- Develop and maintain system security plans, contingency plans, preparing Authority-to-Operate/MOU packages.
- Generate security reports related to incidents, vulnerabilities, and configurations. Serve as project manager/lead within IT security projects.
- Maintain knowledge of security regulations, best practices, countermeasures, compliance standards, and current threats.
- Experience with Penetration Testing and Vulnerability Scanning
- Working knowledge of static code analysis and vulnerability assessment tools such as Fortify Static Code Analyzer, Fortify Web inspect, Nessus, Netsparker, Black duck, Coverity, etc.
- Experience in determining system risks, threats and implementing and monitoring controls to mitigate defined risks
- Knowledge of SecDevOps a plus
Experience Required / Requirements
- Minimum of 4-6 years’ experience in Information Security is required
- Excellent communication skills. Must be able to handle client meetings and cater to their security needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Proficient in reporting and answering analytical questions using vulnerability data
- Must demonstrate experience with implementing NIST and Federal Security standards on-premise and cloud environments.
- Must be familiar with security tools such as Netsparker, HP Fortify, Splunk, Windows/Linux environments, and application patching for vulnerabilities. Industry-relevant security certifications are desired.
- 100% Medical, Dental & Vision premium coverage for Employees
- Paid Time Off (Including Holidays)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- 401K Match
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact:
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.