Axle Informatics is a bioscience and information technology company that offers advancements in translational research, biomedical informatics, and data science applications to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in biomedical science, software engineering, and program management, we focus on developing and applying research tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate research discoveries. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Axle is seeking a highly ambitious, adaptable, structured, and detail-oriented Medical Officer to join our vibrant team at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Division of Allergy, Immunology, and Transplantation (DAIT), Allergy, Asthma, and Airway Biology Branch (AAABB), Rockville, MD.
- Review and comment on the scientific merit and the design of clinical trials and large observational studies related to asthma, rhinitis, rhinosinusitis, food allergy, atopic dermatitis and mechanisms of allergy that are proposed or planned to be conducted by AAABB/DAIT-funded clinical networks or as investigator-initiated clinical trials.
- Work cooperatively with AAABB Program Managers, Regulatory Officers and DAIT/NIAID-funded investigators in advancing and finalizing the design and organization of clinical trials and large observational studies related to asthma, rhinitis, rhinosinusitis, food allergy, atopic dermatitis and mechanisms of allergy.
- Ensure that clinical trial and large observational study protocols related to asthma, rhinitis, rhinosinusitis, food allergy, atopic dermatitis and mechanisms of allergy clinical trials and large observational studies undergo appropriate reviews and meet milestones towards study activation.
- Assume the role of Medical Monitor for clinical trials and large observational studies related to asthma, rhinitis, rhinosinusitis, food allergy, atopic dermatitis and mechanisms of allergy and ensure, in cooperation with AAABB Program Managers, Regulatory Officers and other staff that the studies are conducted under current Good Clinical Practice (GCP) principles and guidelines.
- Work cooperatively with study investigators, statisticians and data and clinical coordinating centers in conducting data analysis and in planning, drafting and reviewing publications deriving from AAABB/DAIT-funded clinical networks or investigator-initiated clinical trials and large observational studies related to asthma, rhinitis, rhinosinusitis, food allergy, atopic dermatitis and mechanisms of allergy.
- Participate in AAABB, DAIT and NIAID regular and ad hoc staff meetings and meetings with visiting scientists or other NIAID visitors.
- Provide expert opinion on scientific questions in the fields of asthma, rhinitis, rhinosinusitis, food allergy, atopic dermatitis and mechanisms of allergy.
Experience Required / Requirements
- Required MD degree with active US medical license.
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience.
- Required clinical training in allergy, pulmonary medicine or dermatology or training in internal medicine or pediatrics with demonstrable clinical experience in allergy.
- Required prior involvement in clinical trials as an investigator or medical monitor.
- 100% Medical, Dental & Vision premium coverage for Employees
- Paid Time Off (Including Holidays)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- 401K Match
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment-based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact:
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.