Axle Informatics is a scientific research and information technology company that offers innovative computer services, informatics, and bioresearch solutions to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in software engineering, bioinformatics, molecular research, and program management, we focus on developing and applying technological tools and scientific techniques to empower the world of research. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of health (NIH), which means candidates will be receiving the best on-the-job training possible in this field.
Axle is currently seeking an experienced Scientific Project Manager - NCATS Biomedical Data Translator. The position is location in North Bethesda, MD.
- Collaborate with NCATS awardee software development teams to design robust software testing, documentation and deployment frameworks.
- Develop shared requirements for software product documentation.
- Model the generation of necessary software and process documentation.
- Assess code coverage of automated testing, perform code reviews to identify code testing gaps.
- Adapt and develop teams’ automated testing frameworks to ensure teams’ software performs within expected tolerances and avoids previously identified points of failure.
- Implement configuration management processes to facilitate the controlled deployment of new software releases into development, testing and production environments.
- Assess software product documentation for compliance against stated requirements and fit-for-purpose.
- Produce a quality report documenting each software development teams’ strengths and weaknesses towards sustainable software development practices.
- Schedule technical review meetings with awardees; prepare materials for teams to understand requirements and recommendations.
- Work with NCATS staff to prioritize the development and implementation of features, services and tools on the project’s critical development path.
- Provide recommendations for follow up by the NCATS project team.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related software product development experience as a development team lead or project manager.
- Project management certification.
- Fluency with multiple web and scientific programming languages.
- Expertise in best practices for code review, documentation, testing, development planning and the ability to identify, customize and implement processes for sustainable software product development.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- 100% Medical, Dental & Vision premium coverage for Employees
- Paid Time Off (Including Holidays)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- 401K Match
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact:
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.