Axle Informatics is a bioinformatics and information technology company that offers innovative computer services, informatics, and enterprise solutions to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in software engineering, bioinformatics and program management, we focus on developing and applying technology tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate the discovery in translational research. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of health (NIH).
Axle is seeking a highly ambitious, adaptable, structured, and detail oriented Laboratory Technician to join our vibrant team at Hamilton, MT.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in handling mice and willingness to perform animal experiments, and help develop various mouse models of SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19.
- Perform DNA/RNA purification and quantification, real-time RT-PCR, cell culture; generation of single cell suspensions from various tissues.
- Perform mouse genotyping, colony management.
- Willing to undergo training in BSL3 work on animal models of virus infection.
- Willing to undergo training in BSL4 work on animal models of virus infection.
- Perform and willing to learn new techniques in molecular biology, genetics, systems biology, and immunology.
- Perform a wide variety of procedures and techniques which may include, but are not limited to: qRT-PCR, virus quantification, growth curve analyses, sequencing.
- Perform general lab management including maintaining and organizing inventory of samples, managing inventory of laboratory supplies and reagents. Responsible for laboratory upkeep and routine maintenance of equipment.
- Maintain detailed laboratory records of experiments, assist in the analysis and interpretation of data and prepare summaries of laboratory findings. Aid in preparation of the information resulting from experiments for presentations at laboratory-wide, NIH-wide, and national and international meetings and for publication.
- Interpret, evaluate, and discuss the results of each experiment with task leader as part of the planning process for subsequent studies.
- Work collaboratively with others in the lab to generate data for publications.
- Operate and communicate effectively in a group, team-oriented working environment.
- Work with and support others in a collegial, open, respectful, and interactive working manner. Provide leadership and act as a role model and mentor where appropriate or when needed.
- Provide specialized scientific support, including literature review for new methods and procedures on the design, planning, conduct and publication of experiments.
- Responsible to help educate trainees (postdocs, postbacs) on hands-on bench and animal experimental skills.
Experience Required / Requirements
- Bachelor degree and 2 years of related experience.
- Experience with handling mice.
- Willing to relocate to Hamilton, MT.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 10 Paid Federal holidays
- Various wellness programs
- Employee Referral Bonus Program (ERBP)
- Vision coverage through Cigna national network
- Dental coverage through Cigna national network
- 401(K) with significant company match & no vesting period
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage (paid by company)
- Competitive salaries with opportunity for performance bonuses
- Discount plan for pet care, legal services, & identify theft protection
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage (paid by company; option to purchase additional coverage)
- Medical coverage through UHC national network (option to choose between 3 available plans)
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact:
Disclaimer:The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.