Axle Informatics is a bioscience and information technology company that offers advancements in translational research, biomedical informatics, and data science applications to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in biomedical science, software engineering, and program management, we focus on developing and applying research tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate research discoveries. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Axle is seeking a highly ambitious, adaptable, structured, and detail-oriented Project Manager to join our vibrant team at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Vaccine Research Center (VRC), Vaccine Production Program (VPP), Gaithersburg, MD.
- Follow established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties including, but not limited to, performance of property checks and light maintenance on VRC lab equipment and monitoring VPP consumable inventory levels.
- Perform sterile transfers/aliquots of VPP produced materials and submit for analytics testing, and ensure material is properly coded into the technical services database.
- Maintain and ensure the VPP database is current. Coordinate within technical services group potential availability of material requests.
- Maintain and verify VPP produced materials are properly coded into the technical services database and that the database is current. Coordinate within technical services group potential availability of material requests.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the scientific operations manager, which include, but are not limited to, performance of property checks, light maintenance on lab equipment, moving laboratory and other equipment, and monitoring inventory levels.
- Serve as a liaison for the VWR catalyst technician and work with the technician to create a supply database to ensure that critical consumables are maintained at adequate levels.
- Serve as a secondary emergency responder for all VPP REES monitored equipment.
- Scan and log in all the packing slips from FNLCR and VWR orders and enter the orders as rec’d in the VPP purchasing database.
- Maintain TS department product database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
- Prepare shipment for postal or commercial conveyance; select appropriate shipping container; pack items to ensure safe delivery. Prepare bills of lading; check items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Receive and unload incoming materials and verify accuracy of shipment. Process shipments return as needed.
- Inspect shipments for damages or defects, record discrepancies or damages, and notify supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- Operate dolly/pallet jack in loading and unloading supplies and equipment; assist in routine maintenance of lab equipment and shipping area.
- Deliver items to requisitioning departments and obtain authorized signatures for accepted items.
- Manage and trace lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments; provide proof of delivery documents.
- Develop and implement departmental policies and write/revise Standard Operating Procedures related to primary duties and other aspects of VPP Scientific Operations.
- Maintain supplier/vendor relationships through regular communication as directed by scientific operations manager.
Experience Required / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field.
- Three (3) to four (4) years of related experience is required.
- Ability to both follow and write/revise SOP’s for buffer preparation as well as SOP’s for acquisitions.
- Hands-on experience with inventory management systems.
- Expert in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with database entry, programming, and maintenance.
- Familiarity with general scientific/biotechnology laboratory supply requirements.
- Strong analytical capabilities to prepare inventory analyses.
- Strong communication skills to communicate to internal and external stakeholders.
- 100% Medical, Dental & Vision premium coverage for Employees
- Paid Time Off (Including Holidays)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- 401K Match
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment-based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact:
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.