Axle Informatics is a bioscience and information technology company that offers advancements in translational research, biomedical informatics, and data science applications to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in biomedical science, software engineering, and program management, we focus on developing and applying research tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate research discoveries. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Axle is seeking a highly ambitious, adaptable, structured, and detail-oriented Scientific Program Manager to join our vibrant team at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), NIH Oxford-Cambridge (OxCam) Scholars Program, Bethesda, MD.
- Support the Executive Director and Executive Committee by running the Operational and Administrative aspects of the OxCam program.
- Serve as the central contact regarding OXCAM policies for student stipends, travel, and tuition.
- Coordinate onboarding process for students including stipend determination.
- In collaboration with Executive Director, track and project budget of approximately $2 Million.
- Oversee NIH MD PhD slot tracker, coordinate tuition payments through NIGMS and participating ICs.
- Liaise with partnering Medical Schools, provide subject matter expertise, and create MOUs for each student.
- Serve as point of contact between OXCAM and FNIH regarding budgetary matters.
- Create, renew, and maintain MOUs with External stakeholders including scholarship entities, such as Rhodes, Gates, Marshall, and the International Biomedical Research Alliance.
- Serve as the point of contact for NIH Administrative Officers and counterparts in England.
- Act as point of contact for logistics contractors who coordinate student travel and events.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, renew annual travel and logistics contracts.
- Coordinate response to legal concerns by interacting with NIH Office of General Counsel and other stakeholders.
- Update OxCam Executive Committee Charter yearly.
- Collect and collate data including student publications and awards, and create annual report.
- Participate in monthly student town halls to discuss new program information.
- Aid planning the annual OxCam Workshop, a 3-day event with 200-300 attendees.
- Aid planning annual OxCam interview activities, a 3-day event with 100 attendees.
- Place orders for supplies, pay tuition, and act as a travel planner for Executive Staff.
Experience Required / Requirements
- PhD degree is preferred, not required.
- Business training or experience with budgets, contracts, and logistics is required.
- Previous experience in student training or mentoring is preferred.
- Experience working in the NIH environment is highly preferred.
- Travel to England and NIH laboratories located in Montana, Arizona, and North Carolina may be requested by the program.
- This position can be up to 100% telework.
- 100% Medical, Dental & Vision premium coverage for Employees
- Paid Time Off (Including Holidays)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- 401K Match
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment-based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact:
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.