Axle Informatics is a bioscience and information technology company that offers advancements in translational research, biomedical informatics, and data science applications to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in biomedical science, software engineering, and program management, we focus on developing and applying research tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate research discoveries. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Axle is seeking a highly ambitious, adaptable, structured, and detail-oriented Project Manager to join our vibrant team at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Division of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (DMID), Respiratory Diseases Branch (RDB) Rockville, MD.
- Assist in the coordination of NIAID’s functions in the SARS-CoV-2 interagency group.
- Provide project management activities for the program.
- Work closely with Project Officers (POs) programs within NIAID.
- Meet with the POs and the Viral Respiratory Diseases Section Chief on a regular basis to provide oral and/or written reports on the status of on-going projects and to receive new assignments.
- Organize working groups and workshops.
- Assist in the preparation of slides.
- Attend meetings with program staff, write meeting summaries and briefing documents.
- Read, review, summarize, and/or write documents.
- Provide project management and technical expertise for selected projects and task orders.
- Track preliminary scientific data, scientific publications of high interest, and contract generated data that needs to be reported and mapped to the working groups of the SARS-CoV-2 interagency Group.
- Provide general organizational support including, but not limited to, writing meeting summaries, organizing calls and meetings, and helping with document filing on shared drives.
- Provide organizational support to the program including updating the clinical database, collecting essential documents and tracking the status of the documents, organizing meetings, and writing meeting summaries.
- Help coordinate schedules for the meetings between the extramural investigators and NIAID.
- Help coordinate the lectures and presentations from outside NIAID speakers, scheduling the lectures and reserving rooms.
- Collect, analyze, and synthesize scientific information related to SARS-CoV-2 testing across the programs.
- Interact with NIAID staff to provide Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations.
- Assist on a variety of special, one-time projects that require immediate action including the coordination of workshops and reporting of their outcomes.
Experience Required / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Life Sciences or a related discipline.
- Two (2) year of experience in biology or a related field.
- Demonstrate experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Demonstrate experience with Skype, GoToMeeting, WebEx and/or other meeting planning programs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to articulate and record main points of meetings.
- 100% Medical, Dental & Vision premium coverage for Employees
- Paid Time Off (Including Holidays)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- 401K Match
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment-based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact:
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.