Axle Informatics is a bioscience and information technology company that offers advancements in translational research, biomedical informatics, and data science applications to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in biomedical science, software engineering, and program management, we focus on developing and applying research tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate research discoveries. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Axle is seeking a highly ambitious, adaptable, structured, and detail-oriented Clinical Advisor to join our vibrant team at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Division of Clinical Research (DCR), Intramural Clinical Management and Operations Branch (ICMOB), Bethesda, MD.
*This is a part time position. (24-30/hrs per week)
- Perform history and physical examinations of patients on a research protocol with infectious and allergic diseases.
- Member of the NIAID Ward Team.
- Work with and orient residents-in-training and fellows to provide care for NIAID inpatients.
- Admit a variety of pediatric and adult patients to the NIAID Inpatient unit.
- Participate in clinical practice peer reviews.
- Design, implement, and evaluate multidisciplinary quality improvement programs and projects.
- Order and interpret appropriate laboratory and diagnostic studies.
- Provide appropriate patient and family counseling and education with consideration of the patients learning needs, learning readiness and impediments to the process.
- Serve as a liaison providing coordination and communication between NIH institutes and NIAID components through verbal, written and formal presentations to ensure continuity of care.
- Provide guidance on NIAID and NIH policies and procedures of patient care.
- Collaborate with program directors and team leader to identify areas of improvement for the NIAID ward team.
- Lead patient care rounds and conferences.
- Serve as role model for professional practice, collaboration, and communication.
- Provide backup and support to the Infectious disease consult service nurse practitioner and NIAID Ward team fellow.
Experience Required / Requirements
- Work will be performed up to 24 or 30 hours per week, excluding Federal holidays, evening shift from 2pm through 10pm or 2pm through 12am on Sunday through Tuesday.
- Since work can run past normal business hours, flexibility will be needed.
- Occasional work outside work hours based on the need of the ward team and balancing patient safety.
- A Degree from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant. The applicant must have an active, current registration as a professional nurse in a state, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with non-technical and technical staff.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience as a Family Nurse Practitioner or a combination of experience as an Adult or Pediatric Nurse Practitioner.
- Family Nurse Practitioner Certification (ANCC) or a combination of Adult and Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Certifications.
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment-based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact:
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.