Axle Informatics is a scientific research and information technology company that offers innovative computer services, informatics, and bioresearch solutions to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in software engineering, bioinformatics, molecular research, and program management, we focus on developing and applying technological tools and scientific techniques to empower the world of research. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of health (NIH), which means candidates will be receiving the best on-the-job training possible in this field.
Axle is seeking a highly ambitious, adaptable, structured, and detail oriented IT Service Desk Manager to join our vibrant team in Rockville, MD.
- Develop, execute, and hold staff accountable for policies and procedures that include incident identification, documentation, assignment, management, and escalation.
- Identify, recommend, develop, and implement end user and Service Desk staff knowledge articles, guides, and/or training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Track and analyze trends in Service Desk requests; generate statistical reports to identify problem areas; devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and/or department recommendations and changes.
- Build customer experience objectives into team and individual goals and ensure accountability.
- Successfully prioritize customer experience considerations into decisions and tasks.
- Reconcile monthly account management actions.
- Perform IT general control (ITGC) auditing actions as requested by internal and external audit teams.
- Serve as an escalation point and incident manager.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in Information Technology with at least three years of experience managing a 24x7 high-availability environment.
- ITIL Foundations certification preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) best practices with proven execution.
- Demonstrated understanding of ServiceNow preferred.
- Relevant experience within a high operational tempo call center, IT help desk, or network operations center (NOC).
- Ticket management and major incident management at an enterprise scale.
- Process improvement and performance optimization experience preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of desktop hardware and software.
- Gathering data, statistical analysis, and reporting of metrics (i.e., KRIs, KPIs) for IT operations
- Desktop support, network connectivity, computer operating systems, mobile devices, desktop hardware, and software applications.
- Call center software (e.g., Five9) experience preferred.
- Executive presence and demonstrated experience in leadership, coaching, empowering, and recognizing others.
- Prior supervisory/management experience leading a Service Desk team.
- Proven aptitude for strategic decision making, planning, vision, and governance for customer experience and IT support operations.
- Exceptional collaborator with ability to influence.
- Vision for and execution of creating a high-performance team.
- Proven ability to professionally communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven ability to organize multiple priorities and manage projects and team to achieve deliverables that meet or exceed agreements and expectations.
- Develop, improve, and implements processes and support structures to maintain exceptional service and ensures that the needs of the organization are understood and met.
- Sound judgment and conflict resolution
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 10 Paid Federal holidays
- Generous health coverage provided with no monthly premium to the employee
- Generous vision and dental coverage provided with no monthly premium to the employee
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage (paid by company)
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage (paid by company; option to purchase additional coverage)
- 401(K) with significant company match & no vesting period
- Competitive salaries with performance bonus opportunities
- Discount plan for pet care, legal services, & identify theft protection
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact:
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.