Axle Informatics is a bioscience and information technology company that offers advancements in translational research, biomedical informatics, and data science applications to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in biomedical science, software engineering, and program management, we focus on developing and applying research tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate research discoveries. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Axle is seeking a highly ambitious, adaptable, structured, and detail-oriented Scientific Program Manager to join our vibrant team at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Vaccine Research Center (VRC), Immunology Laboratory (IML), Bethesda, MD.
- Serve as Senior Advisor, Epidemiologist, and lead a team for the VRC Global Immunological Observatory (GIO), a new pathogen agnostic VRC-wide pandemic preparedness program which overall aim is to generate and analyze data derived from global blood sampling, serologic and cellular immune surveillance, integrated multiscale bioinformatics including computational epidemiology, and pathogen identification to facilitate anticipatory reagent generation, and enable production of vaccines, therapeutic antibodies and diagnostic tests in anticipation of potential pandemic threats
- Serve as Project Manager of the GIO, and lead the program at a scientific and operational level
- Coordinate and serve as liaison with intramural and extramural collaborators and partners
- Provide epidemiological expertise to VRC Principal Investigators to enable identification of immune responses against a broad array of pathogens in samples from both broad-based general population cohorts and targeted populations at risk of exposure to rare or emerging pathogens
- Advance VRC/NIAID goals to operationalize infectious disease countermeasure interventions through US government and other networks.
- Analyze epidemiological data derived from large scale population-wide serum and PBMC collection
- Support VRC programs to analyze immunity to selected antigens in defined cohorts
- Serve as a subject matter expert on clinical epidemiology, with an emphasis on infectious disease epidemiology, and study design and implementation
Experience Required / Requirements
- PhD in Biology, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, or a related field
- 10+ years of health-related experience with 5+ years of experience in program coordination and evaluation
- Experience leading independent research projects related to infectious disease or public health
- History of scientific publications and presentations
- Experience conducting scientific research, analyzing public health policy, optimizing public health communications, and identifying program priorities
- Experience analyzing impacts of biomedical countermeasures
- 100% Medical, Dental & Vision premium coverage for Employees
- Paid Time Off (Including Holidays)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- 401K Match
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment-based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact:
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.