Axle Informatics is a bioscience and information technology company that offers advancements in translational research, biomedical informatics, and data science applications to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in biomedical science, software engineering, and program management, we focus on developing and applying research tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate research discoveries. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Axle is seeking a highly ambitious, adaptable, structured, and detail-oriented Project Analyst to join our vibrant team at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Office of the Director (OD), Office of Science Management and Operations (OSMO), Office of Global Research (OGR), Rockville, MD.
- Assist and work collaboratively with the OGR Regional Officers and other staff to support the management of research resources, technical administration, and programmatic evaluation of funded grants and other activities. Use electronic databases to conduct programmatic analyses and advise program staff on issues related to the program.
- Work closely with the OGR Regional Officers to facilitate all activities related to regional portfolios, including to develop region-specific research initiatives and serve as a backup to the program staff for activities related to the regional portfolios.
- Provide administrative support, coordination, and reporting for International Coordinating Committee (ICC) meetings and other meetings and committees coordinated by OGR, under the guidance of OGR Regional Officers, to include scheduling presenters, sending meeting invitations, maintaining participant list, developing agenda, and preparing meeting minutes.
- Act as the secretariat of the NIAID Multilateral Working Group, to include coordination of all relevant documentation, assistance scheduling, and planning working groups meetings, coordination of reporting, and tracking all activities through the upkeep of a dedicated SharePoint site.
- Act as the secretariat of the GRADS Working Group, to include assistance with developing the agenda and the meeting minutes.
- Provide subject matter expertise on NIAID international data, the Global Research Affairs Database System, and the Foreign Award and Component Tracking System.
- Assist with the performance of secretariat functions in relation to bi-lateral agreement programs including the coordination and arrangement of meetings and workshops, synthesizing annual reports, and serving as a rapporteur.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for all program staff. Maintains and organizes a library of current NIAID slides within a SharePoint library.
- Prepare reports, meeting minutes, analyses, background materials, position papers, talking points, briefing documents, and other materials to support NIAID’s global health activities and interests for NIAID, NIH, HHS, and USG officials and for external audiences. Facilitate internal clearance of such documents.
- Prepare a variety of correspondence, agreements, and science-related documents for signature from the appropriate officials.
- Assist in the liaison with HHS, CDC, other US Government agencies, foreign officials, and institutions for the coordination and support of OGR programmatic activities.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating cross cutting NIAID international activities.
- Assist in developing and conducting evaluations of international research programs. Prepare final reports and presentations of results.
- Assist in identifying ideas for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of office programs, procedures, and operations.
- Attend meetings and conferences that discuss a wide range of research, administrative, and technical topics related to the activities of OGR and NIAID and provide written and oral reports to OGR staff.
Experience Required / Requirements
- Minimum of a BS degree; MS or MPH is preferred.
- Two (2) years of relevant experience is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive, software products are required.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills is required.
- Familiarity with NIH and biomedical research supported by the US Government is highly desirable.
- 100% Medical, Dental & Vision premium coverage for Employees
- Paid Time Off (Including Holidays)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- 401K Match
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment-based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact:
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.