Axle Informatics is a bioscience and information technology company that offers advancements in translational research, biomedical informatics, and data science applications to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in biomedical science, software engineering, and program management, we focus on developing and applying research tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate research discoveries. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
The Facilities and Office Administrator position is responsible for managing all office / facility support functions necessary to support our dynamic and growing business in North Bethesda, MD. The functions include, but are not limited to, visitor reception, meeting room management, mail distribution, parking and travel administration, management of office supply inventory, and facility security system. This position is also responsible for internal office moves and coordinating various employee engagement activities and meetings. Additionally, this position supports General & Administrative departments, such as Human Resources, Facilities and Information Technology, to collaboratively manage Axle’s administrative infrastructure.
- Manage office services by organizing office operations and procedures, reviewing and approving requisitions. This includes conference room reservations, meeting room setup, approval for catering, visitor greeting and access, employee engagement events and activities.
- Always manage the reception area to ensure effective communication as well as maintenance of a professional image at the front desk.
- Oversee facilities and manage building management coordination. Prepare and maintain office seating charts, floor plans and spreadsheets. Assist with coordination and setup of additional facility space when required, including coordinating with various suppliers, building management, infrastructure and furniture procurement, etc.
- Maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems and layouts, and process office move requests ensuring procedures are followed and management agreement is received.
- Manage mail and package pickup, delivery and sorting to departments and other buildings.
- Responsible for travel administration for the company’s domestic and international travel; work closely with outside agents to ensure travelers are receiving the best rates and adhering to the company’s guidelines.
- Administer employee onsite parking assignments, vouchers, and reporting requirements.
- Assure employee security access is initiated upon hire and maintained as necessary via an electronic building security system.
- Manage supply vendors, including negotiating price and tracking inventory for office and kitchen supplies.
- Prioritize administrative requests and ensure senior management requests are assigned, including follow up on work results to ensure that schedule, budget and quality objectives are met.
- Establish effective working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 3 years of experience serving as an office administrator in a business setting, providing executive support.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong written and verbal communications required, including excellent proof-reading and organization skills.
- Outgoing, professional demeanor and a customer-centric focus, for both internal and external customers.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and adaptable to shifting priorities.
- Ability to be decisive and proactive in working with managers of all levels to anticipate needs for the company to run efficiently.
- Ability to resolve problems and handle requests for deviations from policies.
- 100% Medical, Dental & Vision premium coverage for Employees
- Paid Time Off (Including Holidays)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- 401K Match
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact:
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.