Axle Informatics is a bioscience and information technology company that offers advancements in translational research, biomedical informatics, and data science applications to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in biomedical science, software engineering, and program management, we focus on developing and applying research tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate research discoveries. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Axle is seeking a highly ambitious, adaptable, structured, and detail-oriented Recruitment and Outreach Specialist to join our vibrant team at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Vaccine Research Center (VRC), Clinical Trials Program (CTP), Bethesda, MD.
- Promote and represent the Vaccine Research Center on telephone and in-person settings at the NIH and within the community.
- Assist with and participate in community engagement (in a variety of settings including college campuses, community events, and community-based organizations) and study recruitment plans/strategies, to include marketing, community outreach, health education, etc. for all VRC clinical research studies to increase enrollment and name recognition.
- Assist with organizing and serve as a liaison with community members to develop programs that will engage and educate communities to increase awareness of HIV vaccine research and vaccine research in general.
- Assist in the overall recruitment and pre-screening effort of the team in accordance with each protocol utilizing VRC’s screening process criteria, in person or by telephone.
- Respond and follow up to initial inquires through email and calls.
- Enter information and communications in database to secure data integrity.
- Produce reports of high quality of recruitment data.
- Prepare and mail information packages to potential research participants.
- Schedule calls for other members of the team to talk with interested volunteers.
- Answer phone calls and record inquires.
- Assist the recruitment team with analyzing trends in recruitment programs and campaigns.
- Schedule participant screening visits in the VRC scheduling database.
- Assist with maintenance of the recruitment database.
- Perform quality control on the recruitment database.
- Assist in the development of recruitment materials such as data sheets, brochures, pre-screening documents, advertisement and other materials as appropriate for each engagement.
- Become familiar with FDA/GCP guidelines and all CTP practices apply daily.
- Maintain tools and supplies to ensure proper recruitment for research studies.
- Compile weekly reports on the number of contacts made, the outcome of each interaction, and insights and trends from interactions.
- On a weekly basis review referrals and screen failure lists to see if patients would fit in any other studies.
- Regularly communicate with coordinators to access scheduling and study support needs.
- Keep clinical operation staff abreast of recruitment efforts for screening and current enrolling studies.
- Assist with the protocol trainings, per clinical trial goals at VRC.
- Attend all study-related training sessions for all protocols.
- Attend relevant CTP meetings and calls.
- Provide insights and recommendations to improve performance.
- Assist CTP team members with the day-to-day administrative operations of assigned clinical trial participant recruitment programs, such as development of recruitment media materials, ongoing management of social media campaigns, reporting and operational tasks related to volunteer recruitment and outreach program, and administrative to include, copying, filing and data entry.
Experience Required / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a science related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a related field.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Candidates for the position must be willing to learn a variety of skills related to recruiting, counseling and providing details about our research studies.
- 100% Medical, Dental & Vision premium coverage for Employees
- Paid Time Off (Including Holidays)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- 401K Match
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment-based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact:
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.