We are seeking a Bioinformatics Scientist to join the team at Axle Informatics.
Axle Informatics is a bioscience and information technology company that offers advancements in translational research, biomedical informatics, and data science applications to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in biomedical science, software engineering, and program management, we focus on developing and applying research tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate research discoveries. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Utilize experience with bioinformatics, randomized schemes, sample prep technology for High Throughput TaqMan, and next-generation sequencing to work with DNA and RNA isolation reagents while maintaining strict adherence to quality and performance in a wet-bench setting.
- Work with a variety of samples including in vitro grown bacteria, tissue culture samples, flow sorted samples, human and animal tissues in RNA-protect, RNALater, or Trizol/phenol-based solutions, for RNA, RNA/DNA, or DNA isolations.
- Work with randomized schemes pertinent to the sample processing effort.
- Work with robotics fluidics stations (Biomek FX, NX) multi-channel pipettors; process single up to 96 and 384 well samples for target preparation for host/pathogen transcriptome profiling.
- Prepare sample for High Throughput TaqMan, NGS data generation, High Throughput SNP processing, allelic discrimination assays, and genotyping. Maintain detailed record of laboratory notebook which describes laboratory protocols/methods followed.
- Assist in the writing and publication of peer-reviewed manuscripts and reports associated with work performed. Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of projects and technologies.
- Develop and optimize new protocols for the lab.
- Assist with Next Generation Sequencing data analysis and data interpretation.
- Assist and train postbacs, ITTAs, post -doctoral researchers, high school students regarding the use of equipment/computers/software and for assistance on projects.
- Master’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Bioinformatics or a related field plus three years of experience reflecting demonstrable ability in the skill set described above.
- 100% Medical, Dental & Vision premium coverage for Employees
- Paid Time Off (Including Holidays)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- 401K Match
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact:
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.