Axle Informatics is a bioscience and information technology company that offers advancements in translational research, biomedical informatics, and data science applications to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in biomedical science, software engineering, and program management, we focus on developing and applying research tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate research discoveries. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
We are looking for a Data Analytics Consultant at North Bethesda MD who leads and manages requirements gathering and analysis activities by working with stakeholders, developers, designers, QA analysts and internal/external customers.
This position will have a focus on data analytics and data visualization.
- Deliver client facing components of the project
- Ability to plan and organize work
- Organize and lead efforts in business requirements, functional design and documentation
- Coordinate with project and program management on project efforts including communication to multiple stakeholders
- Elicits, captures, analyzes, refines, articulates and documents business requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria and software documentation via approved processes.
- Balances business requirements with technical feasibility and sustainability.
- Synthesizes complex information into concise, readable, unambiguous language.
- Assists with product backlog maintenance and grooming.
- Participates in Agile cadence such as Scrum standup meetings, backlog grooming sessions, review and retrospective meetings.
- Willingness to research and continuously learn emerging technology solutions
- Ability to analyze, model, interpret and communicate data insights.
- Ability to conduct low/no-code technical procedures such as data cleansing and curation either using Excel functions, SQL or a technology tool.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and general use of data modeling tools such as Erwin, ETL tools such as Mulesoft and BI reporting tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, QlikSense and Palantir.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data management lifecycle, data governance principles and data types
- Develop use and test cases and conduct documented functional testing
- Ensures that appropriate project documentation is produced throughout the project lifecycle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Attention to details to include ability to follow written and verbal directions and error free written communication
- Manage multiple projects and priorities, tasks and coordinate various channels of communication at the same time
- Be proactive and take initiative with little or vague directions at times to include desire to solve problems and be resourceful in seeking an answer
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master's Degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in management consulting focused on technology
- 2+ years of experience in data analytics projects
- Strong ability to utilize advanced Microsoft Excel functions such as nested formulas, pivot tables, slicers, lookups and indexes
- Ability to understand complex issues and articulate complex ideas
- Domain knowledge of the Federal government space is strongly preferred
- 100% Medical, Dental & Vision premium coverage for Employees
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off (Including Holidays)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- 401K Match
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact:
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.