Axle Informatics is a bioscience and information technology company that offers advancements in translational research, biomedical informatics, and data science applications to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in biomedical science, software engineering, and program management, we focus on developing and applying research tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate research discoveries. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Axle is seeking a highly ambitious, adaptable, structured, and detail-oriented Biologist/Flow Cytometry Specialist to join our vibrant team at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Vaccine Research Center (VRC), Immunology Laboratory (IML), Flow Cytometry Core (FCC) as well as the ImmunoTechnology Section (ITS), Bethesda, MD.
- Perform a wide range of complex procedures in the Flow Cytometry Core Laboratory. Specific techniques may include, but are not limited to, monoclonal antibody conjugation, fluorescent dye chemistry, peripheral mononuclear cell isolation, multiparameter flow cytometry, T cell stimulation assays, immunophenotyping, and tissue culture.
- Conduct independent research under the guidance of the Chief, Flow Cytometry Core, including planning, and conducting of experiments, data analysis and peer reviewed publication of data.
- Coordinate clinical specimen management, including inventory, sampling, and analysis, in support of the clinical research protocols, in support of the ImmunoTechnology Section.
- Calibrate and operate a variety of laboratory instruments under standard guidelines and following Standard Operating Procedures to perform test, analyses, and other procedures.
- Interact with scientist from other organizations or institutions involved in similar or
- related research projects.
- Interact with students, post-doctoral fellows and non-doctoral research technicians on experimental design and laboratory-based methodologies.
- Train laboratory personnel on optimal use of newly built flow cytometry technologies and ensure that the data obtained by those personnel are appropriately generated.
- Maintain accurate, daily records of experiments.
- Analyze experimental data, prepare summary analyses for presentation and/or publication, and write substantial portions of manuscripts including such data.
Experience Required / Requirements
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s with laboratory-based training in immunology or closely related field.
- Extensive experience with all aspects of flow cytometry including instrument standardization, calibration, and assay optimization.
- Candidates should have excellent written skills and experience in oral presentations.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 10 Paid Federal holidays
- Generous health coverage provided with no monthly premium to the employee
- Generous vision and dental coverage provided with no monthly premium to the employee
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage (paid by company)
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage (paid by company; option to purchase additional coverage)
- 401(K) with significant company match & no vesting period
- Competitive salaries with performance bonus opportunities
- Discount plan for pet care, legal services, & identify theft protection
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact:
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.