Axle Informatics is a bioscience and information technology company that offers advancements in translational research, biomedical informatics, and data science applications to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in biomedical science, software engineering, and program management, we focus on developing and applying research tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate research discoveries. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Axle is seeking a highly ambitious, adaptable, structured, and detail-oriented Clinical Bioinformatics Support Specialist to join our vibrant team at Rockville, MD.
Note: Part-time position (6-months contract; 30h/w).
- Provide assistance and recommendations to the Clinical Research Information Management Systems of NIAID (CRIMSON) efforts. The following efforts have been established or redirected toward COVID-19 activities:
- Provide assistance with the establishment of a cloud-based infrastructure capable of hosting large scale data collection and processing of study and sample data.
- Provide assistance with direct engineering support for the integration of laboratory and plasma processing workflows at the Integrated Research Facility (IRF).
- Provide assistance with development of REDCap data collection tools to support clinical study deployment.
- Provide assistance in adaptation of the CRIMSON application in the Clinical Center to best collect and manage COVID patients in the NIAID Clinical and isolation suite.
- Provide assistance and recommendations regarding the establishment of a long-term project to provide internal Clinical Research Data Management workflows to support the operational and statistical data collection and processing activities for emerging diseases and short notice projects.
- Coordinate with OCICB and CIT to leverage resources for:
- Provide assistance with the establishment of project with CIT and Amazon Web Services to provide an external facing COVID-19 specific data management and application development environments facilitating collaboration with non-NIH entities.
- Work with the OCICB team and the MONARCH projects to establish DCR oriented application development and reutilization strategy within and across NIAID to better facilitate a rapid deployment of capabilities.
- Assist with leveraging existing work at the IRF with OCICB and the Business Intelligence team to access data and build data visualization that support both operational and analytical aspects to the COVID-19 response.
- Tableau based dashboards in the clinic and across clinical studies.
- Explore QLIK and data visualization in a cloud environment.
- Provide assistance and recommendations regarding architecting a cohesive strategy for using the NIH Enterprise Office 365 strategy to establish study team sites for communication and collaboration of data and operational workflow in a focused and project specific approach, these efforts will include external partners and be beneficial in the COVID-19 response efforts.
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact:
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.