Axle Informatics is a bioscience and information technology company that offers advancements in translational research, biomedical informatics, and data science applications to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in biomedical science, software engineering, and program management, we focus on developing and applying research tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate research discoveries. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Axle is seeking a highly ambitious, adaptable, structured, and detail-oriented Biologist to join our vibrant team at Bethesda, MD.
- Perform a wide variety of procedures and techniques which may include mammalian cell culture, transfections, western blotting, protein purification, and immunological assays (ELISA, MSD etc.).
- Independently follow written and oral guidance working individually or in a team-oriented environment.
- Work on diverse projects with an ability to prioritize as appropriate based on guidance from senior staff.
- Maintain careful laboratory records including written lab notebooks and well-organized online data files.
- Analyze data, summarize and generate presentations in an appropriate format.
- Contribute to laboratory maintenance and organization including sample inventories and data files.
- Assist in troubleshooting and calibrating various laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Assist in evaluating the validity of laboratory data; assess deviations in the experimental workflow in accordance with established protocols, previous training, or accepted laboratory practices.
- Assist in training others in basic laboratory and departmental procedures.
- Work with scientists, reagent and media suppliers, equipment sales representatives, instrument repairers, etc.
- Maintain compliance with current institute laboratory and safety guidelines.
Experience Required / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Life Sciences or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience working in a BSL-2 laboratory environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of maintaining accurate and detailed records.
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper laboratory disposal methods and safety procedures.
- 1-3 years of experience working in a laboratory setting.
- Experience with immunoassays (e.g. ELISA), flow cytometry, protein work (e.g. Western Blot, protein purification) or culture of mammalian cell lines is highly desired.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 10 Paid Federal holidays
- Generous health coverage provided with no monthly premium to the employee
- Generous vision and dental coverage provided with no monthly premium to the employee
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage (paid by company)
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage (paid by company; option to purchase additional coverage)
- 401(K) with significant company match & no vesting period
- Competitive salaries with performance bonus opportunities
- Discount plan for pet care, legal services, & identify theft protection
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact:
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.