Axle Informatics is a bioscience and information technology company that offers advancements in translational research, biomedical informatics, and data science applications to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in biomedical science, software engineering, and program management, we focus on developing and applying research tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate research discoveries. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple agencies at the US Department of Health and Human Services.
Axle is seeking a highly ambitious, adaptable, structured, and detail oriented DevOps Engineer to join our vibrant team at North Bethesda, MD.
- Will be architecting, designing and implementing cloud-based IaaS, PaaS and SaaS solutions
- Will be architecting, designing and implementing hybrid-cloud infrastructure for large organizations
- Focus on designing, developingand implementing automation to support continuous delivery and continuous integration solutions
- Create a standard approach and best practice to create and maintain automated test plans, test scripts, test suites, etc.
- Proactively seeks training and developmental activities related to cloud services
- Develop and present technical solutions and configurations for IaaS, PaaSand SaaS environments
- Create conceptual, logical and physical design for cloud-based solutions for current on-premsystems
- Maintain established service agreements to manage customer expectations and quality standards
- Present ideas to both technical and non-technical users and staff to further the adoption of DevOps
- Grow cloud consumption in large or highly strategic accounts
- 4+ years of DevOps engineering experience
- Successful candidates will have a focus on automation and building repeatable solutions. They will have worked in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google Compute Platform (GCP)
- Experience in automation of code deployment across multiple cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience with managing and administering large IaaS, PaaS and SaaS environments
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Experience developing solutions using tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with deploying Node.JS, PHP, .NET and Java based solutions
- Experience with automated deployments for LAMP, MEAN, EFK, etc. stacks
- Experience with automation, configuration management and version control tools
- Ability to evaluate the impact of security issues with respect to the organizations mission and prioritize efforts based on risk
- Proven track record of building technical relationships with senior executives
- Proven ability of success on major projects transformations and successful transitions to implementation support teams
- 100% Medical, Dental & Vision premium coverage for Employees
- Paid Time Off (Including Holidays)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- 401K Match
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development opportunities
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact:
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.