Axle Informatics is a scientific research and information technology company that offers innovative computer services, informatics, and bioresearch solutions to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in software engineering, bioinformatics, molecular research, and program management, we focus on developing and applying technological tools and scientific techniques to empower the world of research. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of health (NIH), which means candidates will be receiving the best on-the-job training possible in this field.
Axle is seeking a highly ambitious, adaptable, structured, and detail-oriented Sr. Network Engineer to join our vibrant team at Bethesda, MD.
- Works with technical management to architect NCATS networks to effectively reflect business needs, service-level agreements and high availability requirements.
- Capacity and performance planning, running software upgrades after hours on production platforms, data-center build-outs, and change management
- Understanding of microservices architecture, containers (Docker), and Kubernetes
- Execute routine changes, provision services, and deployments.
- Fault isolation, service recovery, and incident analysis
- Good hands-on experience with major Cloud foundation services related to compute, network, storage, content delivery, administration and security, deployment and management, and automation technologies.
- Experience with enterprise and Cloud monitoring applications (Splunk, Nagios, CloudWatch, StackDriver)
- Experience with Enterprise and Cloud Storage
- Disaster Recovery concepts and architectures
- Experience working on both Linux and Windows based systems.
- Continually updates understanding of business and technology status and objectives and responds to strategic design requests as the business evolves
- Experience with system and network monitoring tools
- Is resolute and uncompromising in delivering exceptional customer service
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on preparing clear and concise communication and giving oral presentations
- Excellent organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Ability to assimilate new knowledge and apply it quickly in a fast-paced, dynamically changing environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Critical thinking and reasoning ability is an essential part of this position
- Ability to understand systems and system concepts; ability to break down complex user requirements into easy-to implement solutions is an important part of this position
- Ability to configure and trouble shoot VMWare
- Formal Education And Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or related field at least eight years of equivalent work experience
- Experience with Network management at NIH – preferred
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 10 Paid Federal holidays
- Generous health coverage provided with no monthly premium to the employee
- Generous vision and dental coverage provided with no monthly premium to the employee
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage (paid by company)
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage (paid by company; option to purchase additional coverage)
- 401(K) with significant company match & no vesting period
- Competitive salaries with performance bonus opportunities
- Discount plan for pet care, legal services, & identify theft protection
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact:
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.