Axle Informatics is a bioscience and information technology company that offers advancements in translational research, biomedical informatics, and data science applications to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in biomedical science, software engineering, and program management, we focus on developing and applying research tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate research discoveries. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Axle is seeking a highly ambitious, adaptable, structured, and detail-oriented Project Manager to join our vibrant team at Rockville, MD.
- Create a document repository for diverse digital information and documents in support of CARES Act building projects.
- Provide well-versed knowledge regarding federal recordkeeping for large programs with high visibility that have a wide array of informational topics and categories.
- Create a document taxonomy to organize a high volume of digital documents within an orderly and reachable context and digital document management system.
- Create meta data and apply other search methods to retrieve information for internal use or external inquiry by the public or Congress, or external federal oversight agencies.
- Provide assistance in determining the technology needs of NIAID. Responsible for implementing those to fulfill the requirements of the OWS OD toward that outcome.
- Work collaboratively within a large diverse group within NIAID and NIH to acquire, catalog and manage the document repository.
- Provide guidance and conduct information searches for specific topics which may occasionally result in finding several documents, creating abstracts that summarize findings for NIAID senior officials and decision makers.
- Follow and understand updates/new versions of key digital documents and how to best protect for long range future retention, which could be several decades.
- Provide periodic updates to staff and senior officials regarding the scope, types and numbers of documents; in some cases, abstracts of the documents if requested.
- Understand and manage, a document check-in /check-out process.
- Follow industry trends regarding systems that manage complex document data sets.
- Prepare presentations and reports as requested for managerial purposes.
Experience Required / Requirements
- Βachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in records or digital information management.
- Understanding of the technical terminology involved with commercial or institution building design, construction, funding, complex schedules, communications, presentation materials, decision memoranda and related digital artifacts important to the delivery of larger scale buildings.
- Understand the digital documentation nuances of unique software such as CAD, BIM, and Primavera as well as other digital information search engines relevant to digital information management.
Travel and Training Requirements
- Travel only locally; training for awareness and relevance to NIAID information management systems and the building projects for which documents would be managed.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 10 Paid Federal holidays
- Generous health coverage provided with no monthly premium to the employee
- Generous vision and dental coverage provided with no monthly premium to the employee
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage (paid by company)
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage (paid by company; option to purchase additional coverage)
- 401(K) with significant company match & no vesting period
- Competitive salaries with performance bonus opportunities
- Discount plan for pet care, legal services, & identify theft protection
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact:
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.