Axle Informatics is a bioscience and information technology company that offers advancements in translational research, biomedical informatics, and data science applications to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in biomedical science, software engineering, and program management, we focus on developing and applying research tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate research discoveries. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Axle is seeking a highly ambitious, adaptable, structured, and detail-oriented Project Manager to join our vibrant team at Rockville, MD.
- Assist with the negotiation and coordination of agreements and arrangements with the HHS Office of Global Affairs and the Department of State for the assignment of NIAID staff and other representatives overseas.
- Assist in the liaison with HHS, CDC and other U.S. Government (USG) agencies for the coordination of support for overseas assignments and other programmatic responsibilities.
- Assist with the administration of the International Cooperative Administrative Services agreements (ICASS) for support of NIAID staff assigned overseas.
- Analyze, review and interpret annual reports on NIAID agreements with other USG agencies for the support of overseas staff to ensure accuracy and effectiveness and interact with appropriate staff to make corrections.
- Assist in providing accurate, well-written communication that is audience-appropriate to outside organizations regarding activities of NIAID staff assigned overseas.
- Interpret guidance and policy documents addressing overseas workforce activities to write and develop documentation to support NIAID staff presence overseas.
- Assist in preparing and reviewing statements of work, proposals, and other documentation to be used by management in procurement actions.
- Coordinate with other USG agencies to obtain clearances and documentation required to assign NIAID and NIH staff in overseas locations.
- Coordinate with appropriate NIH and other USG staff the actions required to assign and support staff while on overseas assignments including securing housing, office space, relocation, and other actions.
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets and/or other administrative databases related to program and personnel activities and entitlements.
- Gather and analyze information related to budget, processes, and programs; prepare well-written, comprehensive reports, letters, background papers, and other documents for review and input for programs, policies, and activities. Report and identify problem areas that will be used by senior staff for making decisions to formulate budgets, manage programs and other overseas activities.
- Assist in preparing background materials, briefing documents and position papers for presentation or use by senior NIAID officials.
- Assist in developing guidelines and procedures for monitoring international programs’ activities.
- Assist in establishing, modifying and updating standard operating procedures and other correspondence management, status reporting and records management.
- Assist as needed with the coordination and arrangement of meetings and workshops.
- Represent the office at meetings with NIAID, other NIH and HHS offices, and USG diplomatic staff in the areas of administrative, technical, and budgetary topics related to international programs and overseas staff support.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating cross cutting NIAID international activities.
- Assist with the development of proposals, coordination, and maintenance of research collaboration agreements developed in concurrence with outside institutions and foreign research institutions to carry out research activities in support of NIAID research initiatives.
Experience Required / Requirements
- All support positions require a minimum of a BS degree; MS or MBA is preferred.
- Familiarity with inter-governmental agencies interactions preferred.
- Ability to interpret and analyze guidance and policy documents is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive, software products required.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required.
- Familiarity with NIH and biomedical research supported by the U.S. Government is highly desirable.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 10 Paid Federal holidays
- Generous health coverage provided with no monthly premium to the employee
- Generous vision and dental coverage provided with no monthly premium to the employee
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage (paid by company)
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage (paid by company; option to purchase additional coverage)
- 401(K) with significant company match & no vesting period
- Competitive salaries with performance bonus opportunities
- Discount plan for pet care, legal services, & identify theft protection
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact:
Disclaimer: The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.