Axle Informatics is a bioinformatics and information technology company that offers innovative computer services, informatics, and enterprise solutions to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in software engineering, bioinformatics and program management, we focus on developing and applying technology tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate the discovery in translational research. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of health (NIH).
We are seeking an experienced Accounting Associate to join our Team in North Bethesda, MD.
- Responsible for general accounting functions
- Preparation of journal entries
- Preparation of monthly bank and credit card reconciliations
- Post and balance a wide variety of financial data in various ledgers
- Analyze and prepare all financial statements, corporate reporting, and internal management reports
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, specifically but not limited to accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, accruals, benefits and 401(K) related accounts;
- Perform monthly analysis of account movement/activity, Balance Sheet accounts and Expenses
- Monthly processing of vendor A/P and employee reimbursements
- Monthly preparation of client invoices; including verifying timesheets, understanding specific client nuances regarding billing processes; coordination and communication with CEO regarding client billing matters
- Work on monthly, interim, and year-end tasks as needed.
- Payroll processing and auditing. Audit of benefits and 401k reports
- Identify and research budget variances
- Assist in implementation of budget process
- Review accounting transactions for accuracy and completeness, and verify against appropriate documentation
- Prepare tax-related forms and filings
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Demonstrated professional experience in accounting.
- Prior experience in Deltek Vantagepoint is must and prefer to have working experience in other tools which have cloud-based or on-premises solutions that are DCAA compliance
- Must be Master in Microsoft Suite like Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio etc.
- Understanding of basic financial, statistical and accounting concepts.
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience using QuickBooks
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- 100% Medical, Dental & Vision premium coverage for Employees
- Paid Time Off (Including Holidays)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- 401K Match
- Tuitionreimbursement and professional development opportunities
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact:
Disclaimer:The above description is meant to illustrate the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not restricted as a complete list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description or responsibilities as needed.