Data Manager 3 (3)
• Review, analyze and maintain licensing agreements to forecast future royalty income for the Institute; create executive summaries of license agreements.
• Research and analyze changing foreign patent policy that has implications for affecting patent protection for NIAID inventions.
• Identify and formulate foreign patent filing recommendations affecting Institute decisions related to patent applications and patents for NIAID inventions.
• Analyze the patent expense budget and project foreseeable costs associated with pursing domestic and/or foreign patent protection for NIAID inventions.
• Docket USPTO Office Actions and responses filed by law firms for patent prosecution matters; discern actionable items for TTIPO (Technology Transfer and Intellectual Property Office) staff.
• Maintain and enter data into databases (including primary responsibility for maintaining the integrity of data entered therein) including patent, employee invention report (EIR) and agreement data (Confidentiality Disclosure Agreements (CDAs), Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs), Conditional Gift Fund Agreements (CGFs), Cooperative Research and Development Agreements (CRADAs), etc.).
• Generate docket reports and help assure that upcoming deadlines are communicated within the office.
• Make recommendations to TTIPO Director and other staff members to develop an acceptable plan for technical and administrative matters, including identification of work to be done, the scope to the project, and deadlines for completion, and proceeding independently.
• Coordinate with TTIPO staff on assignments with broadly defined goals or mission to be accomplished and make specific directives as required.
• Manage administration of MTAs to provide more efficient timely transfer of materials for NIAID scientists.
• Act as liaison between technology transfer specialist and external organizations inquiring about establishing MTAs as well as helping NIAID inventors prepare PHS employee invention reports (EIRs).
• Act as primary point of contact for reviewers and TTIPO specialists related to the NIAID Technical Advisory Evaluation Committee (TEAC).
• Assist with preparation for and during TEAC and pre-TEAC meetings, and with postTEAC proceedings
• Assist with advertising and marketing efforts; prepare and submit materials for publications in Federal Register, Federal Business Opportunities and other publications
• Assist in the administration of technology transfer agreements, including the preparation of reminder letters for payments under Cooperative Research and Development Agreements (CRADAs).
• Originate, review and draft cover letters and memos, and various other documents.
• Provide accurate verbal and written responses to inquiries regarding the status of technology transfer agreements.
• Coordinate with staff members to complete special projects including preparation of educational and marketing materials.
• All support positions required a minimum of a BS degree; some require a MS, MD, or Ph.D.
• The education, skills and relevant years of experience required for each support position are consistent with those identified as the minimum requirements for the labor categories specified in the contract.