Scientific Program Analyst
Axle Informatics is a bioinformatics and information technology company that offers innovative computer services, informatics, and enterprise solutions to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in software engineering, bioinformatics and program management, we focus on developing and applying technology tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate the discovery in translational research. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of health (NIH).
We are looking for a Scientific Program Analyst to support our work at NIH. The position will be based in Bethesda/Rockville, MD
- Provide high-level system development, administrative, IT project management, and programmatic support to Scientific Review Program (SRP).
- Collaborate and interact with high-level management and scientific staff, and responsible for a wide variety of assignments related to the programs, goals, priorities and commitments of the SRP.
- Project management responsibility for current IT systems in production and in development, and function as development lead on MS Access database tools.
- Assist with the systems help desk to answer internal and external user systems queries; develop user manuals to assist users.
- Assist staff with installing various macros on computers.
- Create and implement internal administrative databases, and/or manage, input and update data into internal tracking systems related to the analysis and review of applications/proposals.
- Coordinate major computer and software upgrades with IC IT staff.
- Apply knowledge gained about SRP administrative processes by working collaboratively with SROs and ESAs to improve efficiencies, manage and monitor timelines, and reduce workload through increased use of new tools for automation, communication, scheduling, recording and reporting; includes developing expertise with SRP teleconference and videoconferencing systems, as well as facility with SRP SharePoint sites for document distribution and retention.
- Learn and apply knowledge of NIH internal computer systems (e.g., RIMS; SAMS,
- IMPAC II) for tracking SRP administrative budgets, assignments, travel, to assist with completion of other administrative items connected with peer review, such as SRO meeting tracking and organization.
- Assist in the design and development of required analyses, reports, studies or other special projects, as well as narrative or statistical reports that are used for review or program management.
- Assist in organizing and managing Program operations including but not limited to: writing equipment justifications; tracking and distribution of laptop computers and monitors to teleworkers and staff for long-term and temporary use; other duties as needed.
- Provide high-level help desk support, logistic support for the help desk, general IT support for site users.
- Interact with high-level management and staff as well as reviewers and IT professionals, and responsible for a wide variety of assignments related to the function, operation and training staff to use each of the Reviewer Support Site (eRSS), Scientific Review Data Management System (SRDMS) and electronic Contract Proposal Submission (eCPS) web sites.
- Work on team running, organizing help desk to answer internal and external user systems queries.
- Expert in the use of eCPS, SRDMS and eRSS. • Ability to solve problems that users may have with the web sites.
- Assist in the development of user manuals and other training materials to assist all site users as well as specific users.
- Train NIH staff, other users and/or reviewers to use systems.
- Maintain service request database and assemble monthly usage reports and service request activity reports separated by system and issue.
- Apply knowledge gained about the systems by working collaboratively with customers to develop ideas to improve usability, efficiencies, and reduce workload through system improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned by SRP; broad duties and responsibilities of this position are integral to the efficient operation and maintenance of Program activities.
- Must have NIH experience
- Strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards; experience with design of Web Services.
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based on age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.