Axle Informatics is a bioinformatics and information technology company that offers innovative computer services, informatics, and enterprise solutions to research centres and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in software engineering, bioinformatics and program management, we focus on developing and applying technology tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate the discovery in translational research. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
We are looking for a Biologist to support our work at NIH. The position will be based in Bethesda/Rockville, MD
- Perform immunizations on mice through intramuscular and intraperitomeal routes; DNA transfections, protein production and purification methods; tissue culture procedures such as culture of immortalized cell lines, and preparation of tissue culture reagents; culture of primary lymphocyte and cell lines; virological methods such as plaque assays, generation of master and working viral stocks, and viral tittering.
- Perform laboratory procedures such as pipetting; titration; determining pH and molarity; measuring and weighing chemical compounds; preparing solutions, reagents and buffers; media; and counting cells.
- Review experiments in order to evaluate the progress of the research, and ensure experiments conform to established protocols.
- Utilize statistical application and data management software to analyze and interpret data.
- Calibrate and operate a variety of laboratory instruments under guidelines and follow SOP’s to perform test, analysis, and other procedures.
- Maintain accurate daily records of experiments and results.
- Write reports of findings, stating methods and procedures, including any modifications employed specimens and materials involved, and results of experiments.
- Develop a direct qPCR assay without DNA extraction to reduce cost.
- Draft and data verification of CMC sections of IND and BLA.
- Perform comparability assessments of bioanalytical techniques.
- Experience with protein blotting techniques such as dot/slot and western blots; agarose and acrylamide gel electrophoresis procedures; high-throughput epitopescreening and characterization assays such as Octet biolayer interferometry; flow cytometry techniques and analysis techniques; immunological assays such as neutralization and ELISA assays.
- Experience developing fast high-throughput residual DNA analytica procedures utilizing the Tecan Freedon EVO.
- NIH experience is a plus.
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.