Axle Informatics is a scientific information technology and research company that offers innovative technology, scientific support services, informatics, and enterprise solutions to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in biomedical research, software engineering, bioinformatics and program management, we focus on developing and applying technology tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate the discovery in translational research. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of health (NIH).
We are looking for a Scientific Program Analyst within a core facility to support scientists at the NIH/NIAID Laboratories. The position will be based in Rockville, Maryland.
- Exchange information on management planning objectives with internal and external organizations.
- Experience with protein chemistry and protein characterization methods. Prior cGMP assay development experience in a pharmaceutical or biotech environment setting.
- Experience in analysis of protein expression and proteomics characterization, and with analytical equipment automation.
- Understanding of protein analysis with experience in quantitative and qualitative protein analysis for assay development.
- Knowledge of the requirements and experience developing, qualifying and/or validating assays for cGMP products and managing method transfers between laboratories.
- Assist in developing, characterizing and transferring assays to the VRC pilot plant’s QC group for product release.
- Knowledge and proficiency with protein characterization using chromatography and/or mass spectrometry.
- Release assay development on HPLC/UPLC (Waters preferred)
- Mass spec assays including intact mass analysis, peptide mapping, disulfide mapping, post-translation modifications include glycan structure analysis
- Quantitative assays such as, LC-MS and HPLC (RP, IEX, and SEC)
- Qualitative /quantitative electrophoresis assays including SDS-PAGE, IEF and Western Blot
- Experience with vaccine / therapeutic protein development and regulatory requirements such as GLP/GMP practices.
- Post-doctoral research experience but not necessary.
- Experience in molecular biology and immunology is highly desirable
- Proficiency in developing and delivering scientific reports, business correspondence, and presentations.
- Experience in administration and management of biomedical research programs.
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.