Backend Developer (Blockchain and Hyperledger)
Axle Informatics is a bioinformatics and information technology company that offers innovative computer services, informatics, and enterprise solutions to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in software engineering, bioinformatics and program management, we focus on developing and applying technology tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate the discovery in translational research. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of health (NIH).
We are looking for a Backend Developer for our cloud services to support our work at NIH. The position will be based in Bethesda/Rockville, MD
- Leads the technical planning, user story creation, technical acceptance creation and coding of a project.
- Guide and manage other developers that are contributing code to the project.
- Estimate the level of work of development tasks within a project. Identify and correct complex bugs and problems.
- Plan technical architectures that minimize or eliminates performance problems, complexity, or solution fragility.
- Review mockups and other artifacts.
- Interact with business stakeholders and guide them through decision making, determine the best approach, provide time and cost estimates and develop high-quality solutions using Node Js.
- Create and update models, views, and templates. Work with front-end developers to integrate their Angular (4+) code.
- Develops web pages using the latest responsive design development techniques.
- Quick thinking and ability to solve complex issues and problems.
- 3+ years’ experience with database design and maintenance (PostgreSQL)
- 2+ years professional experience with the AWS ecosystem or similar cloud-based provider developing scalable websites/services
- Must have experience with Blockchain and Hyperledger
- Proficiency in administering large databases (PostgreSQL)
- Proficiency with back-end caching strategies (memcached, redis, varnish)
- Previous experience with social sign-in authentications
- Previous experience writing unit tests
- Hands-on experience developing, releasing, and maintaining large-scale software applications (web/mobile)
- Must be a self-starter and enjoy working and mentoring in a team with other passionate professionals
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based on age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.