Senior D3.js Developer
Axle Informatics is a bioinformatics and information technology company that offers innovative computer services, informatics, and enterprise solutions to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in software engineering, bioinformatics and program management, we focus on developing and applying technology tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate the discovery in translational research. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of health (NIH).
We are looking for a Front-End Developer with extensive D3.JS experience to support projects at the NIH. The position will be based in Rockville, Maryland. We are looking for a skilled and motivated developer with expertise in interactive graphical representation of large data and/or streaming data. The successful applicant will be involved with developing user interfaces and data visualization tools from data acquired in collaboration with scientists, biologists, and/or clinicians across the NIH.
- Candidate must have 5+ years of experience in web-based user-interface design and development.
- Experience building large-scale, reactive web UI frontends:
- UI design using HTML5, CSS, etc.
- Building interactive graphs using D3.js libraries
- Translating D3.js graphs to Angular.js declarative templates
- Finding and integrating custom components in a chosen framework as well as building one from scratch when needed.
- Defining API needs for the client.
- Troubleshooting web applications
- Using debug tools such as chrome developer tools
- Finding fixing bugs, cross browser issues, performance issues
- Use of message-bus architectures and message queue implementations in a web UI. ( http2, websockets, wamp, websockets, server sent events, stomp)
- Candidates must be comfortable working with:
- Linux and MacOS operating systems
- A ticket system such as Jira
- A team documentation system such as Confluence
- Source control (git), collaboration tools.
- Open Street Maps (Raster/Vector Tile Servers)
- Client-side mapping frameworks (Leaflet, mapbox, etc)
- WebGL, Canvas, SVG
- Experience with container (e.g. Docker) build and deployment
- Listed examples of open-source work (e.g. github accounts)
- Experience developing for mobile platforms (native or web-based applications)
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 2 years of experience in UI designing, or master’s degree
- 3- 6 years Developing and Designing visualization platforms
- Strong knowledge and experience with D3.js
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.