Axle Informatics is a scientific research and information technology company that offers innovative computer services, informatics, and bioresearch solutions to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in software engineering, bioinformatics, molecular research, and program management, we focus on developing and applying technological tools and scientific techniques to empower the world of research. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of health (NIH), which means candidates will be receiving the best on-the-job training possible in this field.
· Lead scientific-related business needs assessment, as well as facilitate the design, build and implementation of IT systems.
· Work with scientists and laboratory personnel to understand their business processes and suggest improvement opportunities to enhance end-user experience
· Strong interest in contributing to biological research
· Responsible for understanding business needs and analyzing, validating and documenting the business and system requirements to best address the business need.
· Analyze as-is process, develop to-be process, and identify gaps which must be addressed to reach the desired end state.
· Act as an expert technical and scientific resource to software development staff in all phases of the development and implementation process
· Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, or related field.
· 2- 5years of related experience
· Biology, chemistry, bioinformatics focused background is highly preferred
· Experience with molecular biology laboratory techniques and bioinformatics methods
· Experience implementing systems and supporting business change management.
· High level of attention to detail
· Experience with sample management/LIMS systems required.
· Scientific/laboratory experience required.
· Experience in fast changing Research focused environments