Axle Informatics is looking for an Accounting Trainee to work in a high-performing, fast-paced informatics company that offers innovative services to one of the top medical research centers in the world, the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Axle Informatics is a bioinformatics and information technology company that offers innovative computer services, informatics, and enterprise solutions to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in software engineering, bioinformatics and program management, we focus on developing and applying technology tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate the discovery in translational research. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of health (NIH). We are looking for a candidate to provide support in the area of accounting.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for general accounting functions
- Preparation of journal entries
- Preparation of monthly bank and credit card reconciliations
- Post and balance a wide variety of financial data in various ledgers
- Analyze and prepare all financial statements, corporate reporting, and internal management reports
- Analyze and forecast salaries, bonuses, commissions, and benefit expenses.
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, specifically but not limited to accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, accruals, benefits and 401(K) related accounts;
- Perform monthly analysis of account movement/activity – Balance Sheet accounts and Expenses
- Monthly processing of vendor A/P and employee reimbursements
- Monthly preparation of client invoices; including verifying timesheets, understanding specific client nuances regarding billing processes; coordination and communication with CEO regarding client billing matters
- Work on monthly, interim, and year-end tasks as needed; support Finance Manager with year-end audits
- Identify and research budget variances
- Assist in implementation of budget process
- Maintain vendor/ client files
- Review accounting transactions for accuracy and completeness, and verify against appropriate documentation
- Prepare tax-related forms and filings
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
Who You Are:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- You possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with others as required
- Understanding of Federal and State tax filings
- Familiarity with 401k administration
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or related discipline
- Demonstrated professional experience in accounting.
- Understanding of basic financial, statistical and accounting concepts.
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Familiarity and experience using QuickBooks
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under