Contract Level Program Manager
Axle Informatics is a scientific research and information technology company that offers innovative computer services, informatics, and bioresearch solutions to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in software engineering, bioinformatics, molecular research, and program management, we focus on developing and applying technological tools and scientific techniques to empower the world of research. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of health (NIH), which means candidates will be receiving the best on-the-job training possible in this field.
The Contract Level Program Manager (CLPM) will lead day-to-day activities and work closely with Project Managers, Finance, Contracts, Subcontracts and Program controls to manage cost, schedule and performance of the prime contract. The CLPM is responsible for all aspects of assigned program execution with emphasis on delivering customer satisfaction, financial and schedule performance, and risk/opportunity management. The CLPM has responsibility to make cogent and timely decisions related to the project and acts as the primary point of contact with the government contracting officers. The CLPM is also responsible for the budget and performance management of the contract and ensure systems and processed are EVMS compliant.
- Responsible to provide the centralized planning, direction, and control required to meet the cost, schedule, and performance goals throughout the life-cycle of their assigned programs
- Submit proposals for Task Orders, maintain submission schedule and meet deadlines; respond to inquiries from government clients.
- Lead all meetings and the integrated project team (kick-off through project close)
- Responsible for maintenance of all company entities in Systems for Award Management (SAM).
- Review (and creation) of all Subcontract & Consulting Agreements to ensure compliance with company policies and federal, state, and local laws.
- Review/edit/return amendments/modifications as released complying with contractual obligations. Upon contract award, performed Contract level Program Manager duties with Governmental points of contact.
- Responds to agency inquiries on contract status, progress and issues.
- Provides ad hoc and regular reports to corporate office ensures that reports are accurate, complete and timely.
- Ensures assigned contracts are following and in compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations, laws, standards, procedures.
- Serve as point of contact for Government Contract officers, Contract Specialists, and Acquisition Cost/Price Analyst
- Proposes ways in which contracts can be improved and/or processes can be streamlined.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated program management experience with federal contracting including operations and sustainment.
- Experience managing a program with subcontractor business content
- At least 8+ years’ experience with contract level program management.
- Proficient with developing program/project plans specifying goals, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans and, allocation of available resources.
- Proficient in the application of Earned Value Management System and Subcontract Management
- Experience throughout the program lifecycle from development through sustainment to include: proposal development, requirements decomposition, generation of system and subsystem statements of work and subcontracts, risk management, and continuous improvement efforts including implementation for cost reduction and performance improvement efforts
- Experience with earned value cost accounting and reporting; experience with metrics for assessing and reporting program progress, productivity and variance analysis
- Experience should demonstrate knowledge of regulatory and policy obligations and FAR/DFAR compliance.
- Experience managing Cost-plus-fixed-fee (CPFF), Cost-plus award Fee (CPAF) or Firm Fixed-Price (FFP) contract types
- Experience in with contract negotiation, financial elements, terms/conditions, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience with relationship building, including ability to effectively influence and communicate (verbally and in writing) at all levels within the company. Ensures Program Director is informed on status and progress of the program. Ensures the coordination of work tasks with key stakeholders and program leadership. Excellent communication skills with the ability to coordinate with multiple teams.
- Experience with reviewing compliance of contracts / agreements.
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based on age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.