Business Development Trainee
Axle Informatics is a bioinformatics and information technology company that offers innovative informatics, technology services, and enterprise solutions to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in bioinformatics, software engineering, and program management, we focus on developing and applying informatics tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate the discovery in translational research.We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
This program will provide you an experience of how full life-cycle development of both small and large-scale Federal opportunities, including market research, pre-recruiting, proposal development assistance and other administrative support are conducted and gaining the understanding of federal procurement process.
- Assist in identify potential business opportunities within the Federal Government to develop and execute growth strategies.
- Research federal agency procurement forecasts, building and monitoring queries using various research and information gathering tools such as GovWin, FBO, GSA eBay, etc.
- Assist in communicating at all levels with internal/external clients by phone, email and face to face
- Assisting in Pre-Recruiting personnel during RFP process.
- Assist in maintaining database of contacts/teaming partners and point of contact information
- Keeping up to date with industry-related news
- Assist in assessing opportunities to analyze current client data for insights
- Conducting market research on possible business opportunities including pay data and market data
- Providing support to capture manager in developing pipeline opportunities
- Assisting in proposal development, including developing templates, editing technical writing and other administrative duties.
- Assist in the development of successful pricing strategies, identifying risks.
- Student pursuing majors in Biotechnology, Business, Entrepreneurship, Communication, Sales and Marketing or similar field are ideal fit for the training.
- Students with relevant professional or internship experience in federal government or prior experience with business development is preferred.
- Must be able to commit minimum 40 hours a week.
- Excellent writing, analytical and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skill
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills
- Exceptional attention towards details.
The diversity of Axle's employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.