Axle Informatics is a scientific research and information technology company that offers innovative computer services, informatics, and bioresearch solutions to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in software engineering, bioinformatics, molecular research, and program management, we focus on developing and applying technological tools and scientific techniques to empower the world of research. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of health (NIH), which means candidates will be receiving the best on-the-job training possible in this field.
- Performing a wide variety of procedures and techniques which may include, but are not limited to: cell culture, DNA, RNA, and protein purification and analysis, flow cytometry, gene cloning, use of radioactive isotopes, etc.
- Perform flow cytometric cell sorting and/or analysis of research scientist-supplied samples.
- Working with samples from mice and humans, including human blood using appropriate, safe procedures.
- Willing to learn principles of molecular biology, genetics, systems biology, and immunology.
- Maintain detailed records of experiments and their results and prepare the information resulting from these experiments for presentations at laboratory-wide, NIH-wide, and national and international meetings and for publication.
- Performing quality control of the laboratory.
- Generating laboratory records to support laboratory research, and independently performing necessary calculations.
- Writing report(s) of findings, stating methods and procedures, including any modifications employed, specimens and materials involved, and results of experiments.
- Interpreting, evaluating, and discussing the results of each experiment with the supervisor as part of the planning process for subsequent studies, and present these findings in individual weekly meetings with supervisor as well has lab group meetings.
- Providing training to students and other laboratory personnel in the use of sophisticated laboratory equipment and in the performance of specialized procedures, techniques, etc.
- Responsible for laboratory upkeep and routine maintenance of equipment. Maintaining laboratory supplies and equipment including chemicals, biological materials, etc. Required to handle biological materials, carcinogens, recombinant protein materials, acids, biological wastes, etc.
- Master’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Immunology or a related scientific field plus a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Knowledge of basic immunology.
- Knowledge of basic molecular biology.
- Experience with flow cytometry, fluorescent activated cell sorting, and analysis of flow cytometry data.
- Experience with cell culture, DNA, RNA, and protein isolation and analysis.
- Experience working with samples from humans and mice.
- Experience using basic tools of biostatistics and bioinformatics.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be willing to learn additional methodologies of molecular biology, genetics, systems biology, and immunology.
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate .