Jr. Cloud DevOps Engineer
Axle Informatics is an information technology company that offers innovative computer services, informatics, and enterprise solutions to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in software engineering, bioinformatics and program management, we focus on developing and applying technology tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate the discovery in translational research.
We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of health (NIH), which means candidates will be receiving the best on-the-job training possible in this field.
- Assist in architecting, designing and implementing cloud-based IaaS, PaaS and SaaS solutions
- Assist in architecting, designing and implementing hybrid-cloud infrastructure for large organizations
- Focus on designing, developing and implementing automation to support continuous delivery and continuous integration solutions
- Create a standard approach and best practice to create and maintain automated test plans, test scripts, test suites, etc.
- Proactively seeks training and developmental activities related to cloud services
- Develop and present technical solutions and configurations for IaaS, PaaS and SaaS environments
- Create conceptual, logical and physical design for cloud-based solutions for current on-premsystems
- Maintain established service agreements to manage customer expectations and quality standards
- Present ideas to both technical and non-technical users and staff to further the adoption of DevOps
- Grow cloud consumption in large or highly strategic accounts
- Successful candidates will have a focus on automation and building repeatable solutions. They will have worked in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google Compute Platform (GCP)
- Experience in automation of code deployment across multiple cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience with managing and administering large IaaS, PaaS and SaaS environments
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Experience developing solutions using tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with deploying Node.JS, PHP, .NET and Java based solutions
- Experience with automated deployments for LAMP, MEAN, EFK, etc. stacks
- Experience with automation, configuration management and version control tools
- Ability to evaluate the impact of security issues with respect to the organizations mission and prioritize efforts based on risk
- Proven track record of building technical relationships with senior executives
- Proven ability of success on major projects transformations and successful transitions to implementation support teams
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or a related field
- 2- 3 years demonstrated experience on the field.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to document policies, procedures and technical diagrams.
- Ability to manage a substantial unplanned workload with short deadlines.
- Previous experience working with NIH is a plus.
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.