Axle Informatics is an information technology and bioinformatics company that offers innovative computer services, informatics, and enterprise solutions to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in software engineering, bioinformatics and program management, we focus on developing and applying technology tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate the discovery in translational research.
Axle Informatics is currently seeking to hire a WordPress Developer/Designer to support our work at the National Institutes of Health.
The ideal candidate has a thorough understanding of the WordPress development environment, standards and best practices. Strong front-end design and backend development skills are important to be successful in this position.
- Design and develop and adapt custom themes to support individual client needs
- Support current websites by providing user technical support and maintenance.
- Review and analyze client sites for areas that need to be improved, deleted or revised.
- Work and communicate with internal team and client to ensure client objectives and specifications are being met
- Optimize responsive sites for maximum speed and scalability. Ensure Web Accessibility (508 compliance) is considered
- Implement, monitor and analyze WordPress sites for current SEO and user behavior trends
- Find, follow, recommend, and implement general web best-practices that improve site performance and engagement
- Create back-end modules for end-user data input in a custom design
- Install and configure WordPress plugins
- Incorporating all necessary HTML and CSS into WordPress themes, templates and additional PHP and HTML pages
- WordPress development including theme and individual template development, plugin tweaks, new feature development
- 2-3 years of experience creating WordPress sites from start to finish
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages and reusable WP themes
- Knowledge of best practices in web development, security, and scalability
- Expert knowledge of WordPress (Plugin / theme development / API)
- Meticulous attention to detail in code and user experience
- Good written and oral communication skills and the ability to work either independently or within a team environment
- Organized and deadline oriented
The diversity of Axle’s employees is a tremendous asset. We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment based age, race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, status with respect to public assistance, and other characteristics protected under state, federal, or local law and to deter those who aid, abet, or induce discrimination or coerce others to discriminate.