Bioinformatics Internship Program | Summer 2018 | Rockville, MD
Axle Informatics is an information technology company that offers innovative computer services, informatics, and enterprise solutions to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in software engineering, bioinformatics and program management, we focus on developing and applying technology tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate the discovery in translational research.
We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of health (NIH), which means candidates will be receiving the best on-the-job training possible in this field.
- Attaining hands-on experience with developing both front and back-end bioinformatics software.
- Hands on experience developing scientific apps.
- Designing new features and performance enhancements for existing systems.
- Participate in testing and fixing bugs in existing systems.
- Developing a guide detailing program limitation to aid in future analysis of investigator datasets.
- Help develop effective pipelines to manage and visualize scientific datasets
- Junior or Senior BA or BS or working towards a MS, Post baccalaureate or PhD candidate in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Biology or related field.
- Knowledge of MATLAB.
- Knowledge of Biostatistics and/or R.
- Knowledge on Cloud-storage (AWS, Google Drive, etc)
- Ability to work under independently, just as well as general supervision.
- The ability to work in a team environment with changing priorities.