Program Coordinator/Assistant | Rockville, MD
Axle Informatics is a bioinformatics and information technology company that offers innovative computer services, informatics, and enterprise solutions to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in software engineering, bioinformatics and program management, we focus on developing and applying technology tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate the discovery in translational research. We work with some of the top research organizations and facilities in the country including multiple institutes at the National Institutes of health (NIH).
We are currently seeking a Program Coordinator/Assistant to provide support to employees and business practices that support the National Institutes of Health as well as support ongoing business development initiatives. This opportunity is a full-time position located in Rockville, MD
What you will be doing:
- Interfacing with employees and Government clients on a regular basis.
- Providing contract support and assisting in managing on-site Axle staff within the NIH.
- Reviewing scientific and technical position descriptions for accuracy with the ability to add additional requirements based on client's needs.
- Managing the complete recruiting cycle from sourcing, screening, resume submission, resume reviews and hiring and onboarding processes.
- Coordinating employee travel and reviewing, certifying expense reports.
- Coordinating annual performance reviews; addressing and resolving performance issues.
- Conducting new employee orientations, reviewing and approving timesheets.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a diverse group of staff members, stakeholders, and customers to support successful performance across operations and projects.
- Develop and maintain both program and technical documentation.
- Work with project teams to ensure compliance with contract requirements
- Previous experience interfacing with employees and government. Experience within NIH a plus.
- Ability to be client facing and deal with staff of all levels with up most professionalism;
- Must be extremely detail oriented.
- Previous technical and scientific recruiting experience and HR experience is required. Account management experience is a plus.
- Should have the ability to anticipate business unit needs, take initiative, and follow through on assignments.
- Very strong interpersonal skills required with excellent oral, written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office required.
- BS/BA degree.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
- Previous experience in a similar role