Human Resources Intern | Rockville, MD
Axle Informatics is an information technology company that offers innovative computer services, informatics, and enterprise solutions to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. With experts in software engineering, bioinformatics and program management, we focus on developing and applying technology tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate the discovery in translational research. We are looking for a proactive and sociable individual to become our new Human Resources Intern! Our ideal intern will be assisting the Human Resource and Program Office efforts. The candidate will get a feel for the fast-paced IT industry!
- Help manage Human Resources support activities in the all areas of full life cycle recruitment (sourcing, screening, data management, etc.)
- Execute Human Resources support activities in the recruitment process such as but not limited to pre-employment background and reference checks.
- Fulfill Human Resources support activities through online ATS system with onboarding management and in preparation for orientation sessions.
- Assist Human Resources support activities in processing personnel information for new hires, terminations and general changes to employee personal information.
- Execute Human Resources support activities in establishing and maintaining personnel files on new, current and terminated employees which include: ensuring completion of appropriate personnel actions and new hire paperwork, current licensing information, background checks.
- Conduct HR file audit to ensure updated and completed personnel files.
- Assist in preparing employee orientation documents, training materials and handbooks
- Assist in follow up of timesheets, Monthly Status Reports and ensure all documents are maintained on the company intranet.
- Assist with employee travel arrangements and employee engagement activities.
Who you are:
- You have familiarity and passion for HR policies and processes and deadlines for recruiting, compensation and performance management.
- You are capable of planning, time management, communication, decision-making, presentation, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- You can work under deadlines and achieve the time goal.
- You care about the quality of your work and are adamant in ensuring things are flowing smoothly.
- Exceptional organizational skills to coordinate and track multiple projects and processes simultaneously
- Strong work ethic and coolness under pressure in a fast pace environment
- Ability to learn quickly and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Clear communication skills. Extreme attention to detail
- Focused, dedicated and self-motivated
- Current Undergraduate/Graduate student working towards Human Resources, Business degree or related field
- Able to work independently at times and dedicate a minimum of 25 hours/week
- The ability to work in a team environment with changing priorities
- Advanced online research capabilities and advanced PC skills (Microsoft suite)
- Excellent communication skills
Axle Informatics, LLC provides equal opportunity to all employees on the basis of individual performance and qualification without regard to race, sex, marital status, religion, color, age, national origin, non-job-related handicap or disability, sexual orientation, or other protected factor.